Sunday, November 21, 2010

Final Fantasy 7

Be Warned I go rather nerdy on this one:

September 8, 1997. I was four years old and at a cousin's party and they got the game yesterday.
My cousins were avid final fantasy fans and played the FF1-FF6 like a religion.

But this was my first Final Fantasy game I've ever seen. Hell this was the first playstation game I've ever seen and the first video game I've ever seen. And this would have a great impact on my life.

So it was me and my 15 other cousins of different ages all packed into a room staring at a small tv watching the teenage cousins play the game for the first time.

First cutscene of the game we all "ahhh"ed in amazement and one of the older cousins, and this quote still makes me laugh, says "These are the best graphics EVER! There's no way any system can do better than this!"

But my most fondest moment of this game was at the world map when I listened to the world map music or FF7's Main Theme. It was a beautiful song that was like an 8bit lullaby to me and I soon fell asleep and I pretty much forgot about the game for four years.

Basically that's where my love for video games, Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy 7 began.

I was 12 when I played the game and finished it and fifteen when I played the game, finished it and enjoyed it.

The story is simple at first, but really gets complicated and interesting later on. The graphics and battle system bring up pure nostalgia. The music conveys the moods perfectly I consider the whole freaking OST a masterpiece up with freaking Mozart and Beethoven in my opinion.

I swear I'm a pretty die hard fan for FF7, but not too much (I don't cosplay, I think the people who make hentai's of this weird fucks, and I don't go bitch and moan when people don't like this game like some people I've seen)

But yes:
I've played Crisis Core- (gameplay redundant, but story was totally worth it!
Owns Advent Children bluray- (okay I can see where people don't like it, but I love it and that matters I don't care who doesn't)
Watched Before Crisis- Good anime on Zack's story (pretty much Crisis Core)
Wishes for a remake- I actually want to play this game over again on the ps3

My Opinion? Tifa and Cloud!!!!!!

Sorry a long debated FF7 topic. But....:
Aerith's Dead (sorry gotta be captain obvious)
Aerith was taken by Zack (come on give your friend some respect bro! btw you have Tifa!)
I think Tifa and Cloud make an awesome kickass duo

So really that's my story with Final Fantasy 7!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really a big FF fan. The best experience I've had is a fading memory of my brother playing FF XII or something on his friend's PS ages ago. I've attempted playing FF VI and FF Tactics Advanced on GBA but neither of them really hooked me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya it's really either hit or miss with people and I could kinda understand why people wouldn't necessarily like it. I'm not the biggest fan of FFXII myself.

    ReplyDelete