Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Anime


Okay I gotta admit I'm an manga/anime fan.

I say this hesitantly because people generally don't like anime due to its overly childish feel, overly dramatic characters, awful dubbing, perverted moments, absurdity at time, the people who cos-play and for many other reasons I can't think of. I think the reason people aren't comfortable with anime is like a child toy that isn't proper to play with as an adult. And of course there's an infamous image of a person who enjoys is anime is either really asian, an adult male living in the basement of their parents house, or a combination of both.

But I think that's why its so enjoyable to watch as well (minus the perverted parts, those I can do without). I'm a kid at heart and loved these kinds of shows and movies. But of course there's anime isn't just for kids but for anyone really who takes the time to actually look.

The first anime I've watched, along with a billion other little kids is Pokemon. I loved everything about it. And o boy it sure represents everything in every manga or anime from the over-expression to flashy battle scenes. Soon enough I found out about manga and anime which I dived into with a passion. Hey I was ten years old, it was acceptable at that age. In Junior High, hell even in High School, I'm a bit hesitant with my anime/manga love and soon started becoming a bit picky too on what anime I liked. There's a whole list in my head I hate about anime, even right now.

Things I hate about anime:
  • Horrible dubbing  (if in english)- I swear dubbing is the hit or miss in an anime. If you want to see an awesome anime skewered by dubbing watch Naruto in Japanese then English. The English version of the first half of Naruto is so............ annoying hell a lot of those characters' voice piss me off. Thank God Shippuden healed those wounds in my ears.
  • Perverted scenes- I find these so unnecessary in every manga/anime. It's like watching a Disney Cartoon and having Minnie Mouse flash you, any sane person wouldn't want their a cartoon doing that to them (unless you're one of the people who enjoy that, sick fucks they're cartoons look at real girls). So yea totally unnecessary and totally degrades my view of the characters.
  • Character Monologues about how awesome their technique is for so long........... It totally takes out the action in the battle/fight scenes. It's so annoying. What makes a good anime is when they're able to shorten their explanation of whatever they're talking about or not even explain at all.
Basically these ones are most glaring to me. Others are find are just me nit-picking and bitching about.
 But really what makes a good anime/manga are:
  • Characters that are realistic, don't piss me off, likable
  • Great story whether romance, fantasy, fighting I gotta have a good plot just like any movie or book
  • Battle scenes that don't involve a lot of explaining and talking
  • No fillers please no fillers
Animes/Mangas I recommend:

Ghost in the Shell (movies and shows)
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Gundam Wing and Gundam 00
Ruroni Kenshin
Bleach
Naruto (gotta admit it grew on me)
Avatar the Last Airbender (movie is fucking horrible)

If I missing any I should add please yell at me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment