Sunday, April 3, 2011

22 Days

Going into senior year I began hating my class. Going to a private middle school then High School, and spending almost 4 years with the people in my class and almost 13 with some of them, I began seeing all the negative things in my class. Our class was really divided, many people didn't like each other, and there are jerks in my class that don't try, aren't open with anything and I quite frankly don't know why their parents pay $10,000 for them to go here when they are just wasting it away.

I wanted graduation to come around quickly and be rid of my horrid class and go to college and meet better people.

That began changing last Thursday when we had our senior class retreat.
I didn't expect much except disappointment.
I was wrong....

My class starting bonding again thanks to a few great speakers. One in particular was an alumni who graduated awhile back and also had children who graduated, who really struck hard at my class and made us think.

He told us we have 22 days left with each other and to make the most of them at the end. And that's when our class began coming back together. Yes there was that 10% of people that weren't affected at all but it happens you just have to ignore them.

And so my perspective of my class has changed much. In the beginning of the year all I did was look at the negative things and start looking at the positive things our class has.
Despite the jerks, I have a really spirited class.
When it comes down to it our class can mix well and bond.
I'll most definitely miss them.

My class has our ups and downs at times, but overall our class of 2011 shines and I'm proud of you guys, I'll miss you all and really you made this old bankrupt city we live in more than bearable!

So we have 22 days left with each other time to make the best out of them!

1 comment:

  1. Class....Sigh.

    Read "I'm it! Get it?" post. I tagged you for something xD

    ReplyDelete