Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the World May 21st


So during Finals, a lot of people were talking about the world ending.

There's actually a billboard, exactly like the one pictured above, on the highway near my home.
I didn't bother taking a picture of the one where I live:
  1. Because I didn't want to die in a car accident, bringing my judgement day earlier than what the billboard says.
  2. It's nothing, but a stupid advertisement for a radio station (most likely a religious one)
Really I don't believe in any of these Ending of the World prophecies. I would say most of them are pretty untrue and pointless.

When people in my class were talking about how the world was going to end May 21st (Today), no one was taking it seriously. Like it's so random and out of place for the world to end on such a day. If the world was ending, I think there would be a bit more obvious hints like the skies darkening and other such abnormalities.

Well there is no Hellfire and Brimstone yet here. If the world does end now, I guess the conspirators were right, but I would not CARE. I have no regrets in life, I'm happy with what I have accomplished in my life and hope that I'm happy in my next one.

1 comment:

  1. This was so stupid. Everybody started saying this, what, a day or two before it was supposed to happen? Yeah, thanks for the preparation :\
    And think about it... it's gonna happen on May 21st at 6PM. Where? Will the world end in China, then after a few hours it will be the Pacific Ocean's turn? Yeah right. Furthermore, how can the world end now and in December 2012?

    Still, that's not to say that May 21st is definitely not a day for the world to end. I do not expect the world to finally end at 12 midnight on New Year's, you know?

    I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened yesterday. Honestly, I don't know what I'm saying. I just have these things in my mind.

    ReplyDelete